Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Kenting 墾丁

Last weekend I had the chance to go to Kenting, which is the most Southern part of Taiwan. Kenting is small and has a beach town vibe to it. It's a popular spot for tourists. The largest attraction is probably the beach and water activities which range from boating, tubing, to surfing and swimming. 

I went with my old high-school friend Feeling and her boyfriend. I was extremely grateful for her relatives in Kaohsiung who hosted us for the weekend. Unfortunately it's quite a trip from Kaohsiung to Kenting. Our methods of transportation were limited so we ended up riding motor scooters down the coast to Kenting. I most certainly did not take the risk of attempting to drive the motor scooter because that would cause my mother to lose years of her life moreover it's against the rules. Needless to say the views of the coast (from the backseat) were gorgeous. 


Kenting Beach 

My high school friend Feeling and her boyfriend 






Funny word play. The Chinese character reads "yi" making the sign read "email"

No comments:

Post a Comment