USINDO: Summer Studies Program
USINDO runs an intensive ten-week language and cultural studies program held from May to August, in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. It is open to U.S. university juniors or seniors, currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program, as well as recent graduates (within 6 months) of any U.S. college or university. Participants are selected in a competitive application process.
EligibilityApplicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and university juniors or seniors, currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program. They may also be recent graduates (within 6 months) of any U.S. college or university.
Application DocumentsAll of the following application documents must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- Application form: Please submit a completed and signed application form, available here.
- Personal statement: Please submit a one (1) page personal statement explaining your interest in the program and how the program will benefit you.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume: Please submit a curriculum vitae or resume (not to exceed 10 pages).
- Academic transcript(s): Please submit the latest academic transcript from the educational institution where you are currently enrolled or recently graduated from.
- Letter of recommendation: One (1) recommendation letter is required. Recommenders must submit the letter of recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their applications are submitted on time. Only complete applications will be considered.
FeeThe program covers tuition, cultural activities, field trips, housing and board, airfare, student visas, and health insurance. Each student pays a fee of $2,000 toward these program costs, and the USINDO Summer Studies Program provides the substantial remainder of these program costs. All incidentals are the responsibility of the student.
DeadlineApplications and transcripts must be received by USINDO no later than March 31, 2016. Applicants will be notified of the decisions at the end of April.
For the application and more information please visit http://www.usindo.org/grants-fellowships/summer-language-study/