Friday, August 19, 2011

Korea 2011 Summer Fellows: The Tourist

Now that my language program is finished, I finally had the time to go do all the touristy things. :] So I played the curious tourist and went to a number of different touristy hot spots in Seoul. Some of which included: Gyeongbokgung Palace, Changgyeonggung Palace, The Hangang, Seoul Tower, Namsan Park, The National Museum of Korea, The Korean War Museum/Memorial, The King Sejong Museum, Jogyesa Buddhist Temple, Dongdaemun Market, Namdaemun Market, Myeongdong, Apgujeong Rodeo Street, Itaewon District, Lotte World, COEX Mall, Insa-dong, Caribbean Bay, The Korean Folk Village, among many other places.

I would highly recommend going to the 293729371297 palaces in Seoul, they were so much fun. Being there felt as if I had just been teleported into Goryeo/Joseon Dynasty Korea with a couple of other hundreds of tourists. :P And although the Japanese had destroyed and defaced the palaces the Koreans did a very good job at restoring them.

I will continue to write more about the places I've visited and my experiences there, as soon as I get back. :]

Here is just a little glimpse of Seoul with The Tourist:


No comments:

Post a Comment