Description & Qualifications
Legacies of War seeks a dynamic and passionate Advocacy Intern for its Washington, D.C. office. This person will work closely with the Executive Director in advancing the goals of the organization. This position requires the individual to be motivated and to possess sound judgment and diplomatic skills. The ideal candidate would be a mature undergraduate or graduate student in international affairs, foreign policy, peace and security, public policy, human rights or other related fields.
- Coordinate advocacy-related meetings with various government actors, national steering committee members, staff, volunteers and allies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policy strategies.
- Support the field and campaign work.
- Maintain the project database.
- Some travel and weekends may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The unpaid position requires a minimum of 15 hours a week. Work-study arrangements can be discussed. Start and end dates are negotiable. Please send resume and cover letter to Ms. Channapha Khamvongsa, Executive Director, Legacies of War atby August 31, 2011.