Description & Qualifications
Legacies of War seeks a creative and dynamic Communications Intern for its Washington, D.C. office. This individual will work closely with the Executive Director in meeting the outreach and marketing goals of the organization. This position requires the individual to be motivated, collaborative, organized and to possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Experience in marketing/communications with solid emphasis on writing, messaging, on-line communication, social media and design is preferred. The ideal candidate would be a mature undergraduate or graduate student in communications, marketing, media, arts education, international affairs, public policy, human rights, history or other related field.
- Produce and coordinate a wide range of communication/marketing, education and outreach materials, including press releases, fact sheets, and event advertising for various organizational projects.
- Develop, maintain and curate the organization’s social media tools.
- Develop and maintain and the organization’s website.
- Coordinate publication of the monthly e-newsletter.
- Assist with graphics, design, press information, print production and media needs of the organization.
- Some travel and weekends may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The unpaid position requires a minimum of 15 hours a week. Work-study arrangements can be discussed. Start and end dates are negotiable. Please send resume and cover letter to Ms. Channapha Khamvongsa, Executive Director, Legacies of War atby August 31, 2011.