Wednesday, February 26, 2014
US-Pakistan Program Fellowship Exchange
The US-Pakistan Program is a comprehensive approach to US-Pakistan relations, focusing on the key areas of security, economic development, and public policy. An important component of the Program includes a Fellowship Exchange, in which two fellows are selected from both the United States and Pakistan to visit the respective country as a part of improving research exchanges.
The fellowship brings newly established experts in one of the three issue areas of the program to the respective country for an intensive ten day trip. Selected fellows will meet relevant stakeholders, perform on-the-ground research for an issue brief, host a panel discussion to further their work, and also advance thought on the key pillars of our program, as well as US-Pakistan relations more generally. The fellowship serves the greater program goal of combating the transactional mentality in current US-Pakistan relations, and encouraging great mutual understanding to allow for a positive bilateral relationship.
The US-Pakistan Program is looking for individuals who are:
· Newly established expert between 30-45 years of age
· Have a vested interest in improving ties with the United States/Pakistan
· Citizens of, and currently living in, either Pakistan or the United States
· Affiliated with an organization/network of individuals in your home country with whom you can share the knowledge and experience you have gained through the fellowship
· Able to communicate clearly and effectively in English
(Knowledge of Urdu or other Pakistani languages is a plus, but not required)
The deadline for submission is April 1, 2014.
Application and instructions can be found at:
For more information about the US-Pakistan Program or the South Asia Center, please visit http://www.atlanticcouncil.