Thursday, February 20, 2014
PRIMO (Power and Region in a Multipolar Order): PhD Fellowship Program
PRIMO is a global PhD programme studying the rise of regional powers and its impact on international politics at large. Funded by the European Commission, the network consists of 11 partner institutions and 3 associated partners from the academic, business and think tank world. PRIMO includes 12 PhD and 2 Post-Doc-Projects.
All PhD positions include a generous salary (country specific) according to the EU Marie Curie framework for Early Stage Researchers (ESRs), attractive secondment opportunities to other partners in the network and a state of the art training in methods and transferable skills.
PRIMO studies the actions, relations, processes and mechanisms of BRICS states’ interactions, both in their own regions and with well-established powers, multilateral institutions and non-state actors. PRIMO will account for processes of identity construction, the formation of foreign policy goals, and the strategies of regional powers at the regional and global level. This knowledge is highly relevant for the formulation of European foreign policies and strategies in multilateral institutions. As a network of public and private partners with an ambitious outreach strategy, PRIMO aims to directly infuse this knowledge into the policy process.
The PRIMO PhD programme includes:
• novel theoretical approaches to the study of regional powers,
• an encompassing training in new qualitative methodology,
• practical skills such as academic management, grant applications or the writing of risk assessments for the private sector,
• the acquisition of empirical expertise on regional and emerging powers,
• concrete practical career opportunities in academia or the private sector.
3 open PhD positions closing soon
• German Institute for Global and Area Studies, Hamburg (Feb. 28, 2014)
• Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (Deadline: March 11, 2014)
• University of Hamburg, Hamburg (Deadline: March 11, 2014)
For more information please visit the application website