Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Job Opening: Language Subject Matter Expert, National Foreign Language Center, University of Maryland
Summary of Position:
As a research institute of the University of Maryland, the National Foreign Language Center (NFLC) works to define current and future language needs of the nation and helps build capacity to meet those needs. Language Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) work with materials developers at the NFLC to create and review language lessons and e-learning materials. Examples of tasks include but are not limited to:
• Developing instructional materials according to project specifications.
• Reviewing e-learning content and providing feedback on quality to ensure adherence to project standards.
• Working with team members to improve the quality of e-learning materials.
• And performing other duties as assigned or as needed depending upon project deliverables.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, and work under tight deadlines.
• Must have excellent writing skills.
• Must have native or near-native proficiency in English.
• Must have native or near-native proficiency in one of the following languages: Arabic (MSA), Arabic (Egyptian), Arabic (Iraqi), Arabic (Levantine), Arabic (Sudanese), Chinese, Dari, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Kurmanji, Pashto, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Sorani, or Tagalog.
This is an hourly position, and does not include benefits. The hourly salary for this position is $20.65 per hour.
All applicants must have the ability to work legally in the United States without sponsorship
The National Foreign Language Center is located off campus at 5700 Rivertech Ct. in Riverdale, MD. It is within short walking distance from the College Park metro station on the Green Line as well as accessible using the University’s shuttle service
For more information and application process click on the following link: