Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Freeman Foundation Fellowship for Internships in East Asia & Southeast Asia
The Graduate Student Career Development is pleased to offer competitive grants for up to $4,000 to help defray the cost of pursuing an internship in East Asia or Southeast Asia.
Not sure if an internship or work experience will make a difference to employers?
Employers surveyed by GSCD for the Employment Qualifications and Skills Report rated the following qualifications as very important when making hiring decisions:
1) International experience and contacts
2) Foreign language skills
3) Cross cultural competencies and communication skills
Where have previous Elliott School students interned in Asia?
Below are a few examples of the countries/organizations past Elliott School students have interned in Asia:
• The Clinton Foundation-China
• US Department of State – Japan, Vietnam, and China
• UNICEF East Asia and the Pacific Regional Office-Thailand
• US Commerce Department Foreign Commercial Services-Singapore
• Development Alternatives, Inc.-Cambodia