Science Researcher at the Embassy of Japan
- Conduct daily news and press release monitoring of science and technology (S&T) and nuclear energy policy issues relevant to the portfolios of the Science Section diplomats.
- Write memos on S&T and nuclear energy conferences, lectures, Congressional hearings and S&T/nuclear policy developments, as well as medium and long-term research reports upon request.
- Provide English editing services to the Science Section staff.
- Assist with coordination and implementation of events hosted by the Science Section.
- Provide logistical assistance for business trips to U.S. science and nuclear facilities by diplomats and visiting delegates.
- Other responsibilities as needed and appropriate.
- Fluent in English and proficient in Japanese.
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- Ability to use computer applications such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, International Relations, Public Policy, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a Japanese office preferred.
- Knowledge about the U.S. legislative and budget processes preferred.
- Background or work experience in S&T and/or nuclear policy preferred.
By E-mail: email@example.com