The internship lasts from Thursday, July 16, 2015 – Sunday, August 2, 2015, and will take place on Keio Academy of New York's campus in Purchase, NY. Interns must live on campus, as housing and meals will be provided.
Interns will be paid $8.75 per hour and will be working 6 days a week, about 25-30 hours per week. Must hold a legal status to work in the US (F-1 visa students will not be accepted), and must possess a social security number.
- Excellent command of the English language
- A good team player in a multi-cultural setting
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced program environment
- For Non-native speakers of Japanese- at least two years of college-level Japanese language or cultural studies strongly preferred
- An undergraduate or a graduate student in an education, international studies, intercultural communication, or related program preferred
- Willing to engage in recreational activities with participants when off-duty
- Willing to learn the operational and administrative undertakings required of a residential educational institution
- Experience in working with youth and/or experience in living/studying/working in another country in a cross-cultural environment preferred
- Prior high school or college residential life experience a plus
- Media arts or digital technology related experience helpful
- Ensure program participants’ healthy, safety, hygiene, discipline, group dynamics, and social adjustment, working under the direct supervision of the Administrative Assistant Director
- Assist program staff in guiding participants through a daily schedule of activities
- Assist with administrative tasks as assigned
- If bilingual, be an interpreter for the participants, their parents, faculty, staff members, and others as needed
Interns will be assigned a primary area of tasks from one of the following areas:
- Assist with administrative work
- Social Networking Service
- Set up SNS sites for the program
- Provide daily updates and announcements on social networking sites such as Facebook
- Gather photos and post on photo-sharing sites
- Events and Activities
- Assist and at times organize social events for the participants and others
- Act as a translator during academic instruction, lectures, and presentations
- Assist and at time organize athletics events and activities
- Produce a video record of the program
Send a cover letter written in English and a one-page resume (MUST include the phone number and email address of the applicant as well as the contact information of at least one academic reference) to the Keio Academy of New York summer program office at email@example.com. You must write "Internship Position" in the subject line of the email. All documents must be in PDF file format.
Any application without “Internship Position” written in the subject line, missing a cover letter or
academic reference information, or not in the proper format will not be considered.
Any application without "Internship Postion" written in the subject line, missing a cover letter or academic reference information, or not in the proper format will not be considered.
May 13, 2015 or until all openings are filled. Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Visit Keio Academy's website (http://www.keio.edu/english/summerprograms) to learn more about the program. For questions, email the Keio Academy of New York Summer Program Office at firstname.lastname@example.org