This blog features information related to Asian Studies at GW. If you’re a student who’s gotten a job or internship, won an award, published a paper, won a fellowship or traveled someplace interesting, we want to know! We will also feature information about grants and fellowships you can apply for, jobs, internships, and relevant events in town, as well as information about courses, the Asian Studies program, and our faculty.
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Job Opportunity: Sigur Center Staff Assistant (Part-Time, Federal Work Study Award Required)
The Staff Assistant position is located in the Sigur Center for Asian Studies at the Elliott School of International Affairs. This position is primarily responsible for staffing the center's front desk which encompasses answering the main phone line, greeting visitors, and processing mail. Other administrative duties and special projects as assigned, such as creating spreadsheets and reports, data entry, editing, etc. as well as supporting Sigur Center events. The Staff Assistant also plays a central role in managing the Sigur Center's social enterprise -- our blog, Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr accounts. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in Asian Studies and International Affairs to work closely with Asian Studies faculty, staff, and students as well as visiting scholars from Asia. Approximate Hours Per Week: 10-12
Hourly Wage: $10/hour
* Interest in/knowledge of International Affairs and Asia
* Some knowledge of an Asian foreign language
* Experience living, working, or studying in Asia * Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
* Administrative experience
*Must possess a Federal Work Study Award for the 2014-2015 academic year
* Apply viaGWorkto position number802193ASAP. You may contact email@example.com with any questions.
* Include the amount of your FWS award in your cover letter
* Specify the dates/times you are available to work in your cover letter
* Due to a high volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls, please.