Friday, April 4, 2014
Job Opportunity: PISA Program Assistant (Temporary/Part-time)
**This is a temporary position. The person holding this temporary position would be eligible to be a candidate for the full-time Asian Studies/ PISA Program Assistant Position once it becomes available.**
Partnerships for International Strategies in Asia (PISA), is a program housed within the Sigur Center for Asian Studies of the Elliott School of International Affairs, The George Washington University. Since 1984, PISA has worked with partner organizations in Asia to enhance capacity at the national and regional levels to address emerging concerns in the Asia-Pacific region. Working with our network of global experts, PISA offers issue-specific programs with particular emphasis on transnational priorities. PISA programs critically explore challenges in international affairs and how communities, particularly vulnerable communities, are affected by and can prepare for these challenges. Since 2007, PISA’s work has focused on climate change with special emphasis on developing leadership on this issue within the region.
This position provides administrative and programmatic support to Partnerships for International Strategies in Asia (PISA) at the Sigur Center for Asian Studies at George Washington University. In particular, this position involves event and seminar planning, budgeting, making travel arrangements, and managing social media and communications tools.
Approximate Hours per Week: 20
Hourly Wage: $15/hour
Start Date: April 7, 2014
End Date August 22, 2014
Two years of college in an appropriate area of specialization plus two years of relevant experience. Degree requirements may be substituted for a combination of education, training and experience.
• Demonstrated experience and interest in Asia and international affairs
• Excellent writing, editing, and public presentation skills
• Experience using social media tools (Twitter, Facebook, and blogs) for outreach, targeted campaigns, and fund-raising
• Prior professional experience in either project or program management
• Experience with marketing, outreach, and academic recruiting
• Experience with website design and management
• Cross-cultural experience and/or working in an international environment
• Excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks while meeting multiple deadlines
• Familiarity with word processing, database management, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to work with little supervision, but also teamwork skills
•Send a cover letter and resume to Linda J. Yarr, Director, PISA at email@example.com