Friday, April 4, 2014
Job Opportunity: Chinese Cryptologic Linguist
· Senior linguist role supporting a US Government program in the Baltimore / Washington, D.C. area.
· Basic tasks include scanning/categorizing/prioritizing audio and visual materials to identify items that require further processing and providing gists, extracts, full, and verbatim transcripts.
· Advanced tasks include analysis of materials based on cultural/technical/experiential insights, drafting reports and assessments, sensitive material quantity control, and briefing results to senior leaders.
· Some travel (10%) may be required.
· Fluency in written and spoken Chinese. (ILR level 5 - www.govtilr.org) More than one dialect is preferable.
· Advanced degree(s) in: Chinese language, culture, international relations, etc. Engineering or information technology.
· 7+ years of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) and US military/government intelligence experience.
· Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with current SSBI and Polygraph.
(Absolute) Minimum Requirements:
· ILR level 3 proficiency in speaking, reading, and listening.
· Conversational and written American English language fluency.
· US Citizen able to obtain a Top Secret clearance. Candidates without an active clearance will be required to obtain the appropriate level of clearance before beginning work, which could take up to a year or longer. If you are a good fit for this role, but do not currently possess a clearance, please contact us and we can begin the process to assess and align opportunities with your career path.
· Able to substantiate several years of professional language services or demonstrated mastery of the language (native speaker, professional writing samples, work experience, etc.).
· College degree from an accredited institution, exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
· Salary is commensurate with level of experience ranging from $98,000 to $130,000.
· Medical / Dental insurance; paid time off; federal holidays; voluntary short/long term disability; voluntary term life benefit; 401(k) with company matching; relocation assistance available.
To Apply: Go to MJ-6 Online Application to submit resume