Monday, April 29, 2013
Program Coordinator Position at GW's Confucius Institute Now Open!
The George Washington University is seeking a talented individual to work as the Program Coordinator for its newly established Confucius Institute, a partnership among GWU, Hanban (the Office of Chinese Language Council International in China), and Nanjing University in China.
The Program Coordinator’s focus will be on day-to-day administration, marketing & outreach, and financial support.
· Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus two to four years of relevant professional experience. Proficiency in Chinese required.
· Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
· Degree in higher education, international affairs, or a related field relevant to Chinese language and culture desired.
· Professional experience that is relevant to having a good understanding of Chinese language and culture.
· Experience in program coordination and event management.
· Ability to be a self-starter and work independently.
· Evidence of excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as customer service skills.
· Knowledge and working experience in website development and management is highly desired.
· Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing Chinese is highly desired.
For more information, including how to apply, please see: https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/15177.