International Affairs Review (IAR) is a student-run publication of The George Washington University's graduate program at the Elliott School of International Affairs in Washington, D.C. Now celebrating its 18th year in print and 3rd year on the web, IAR provides a unique forum for the policy perspectives of tomorrow's leaders on critical issues facing the world today. Published in hardcopy biannually and on the IAR website, the IAR Journal provides compelling, academic policy analyses from graduate student communities at the world's top international affairs schools. The IAR Website updates its content weekly, and includes book reviews, analytical commentary on critical social and economic issues, and interviews with policy experts.
Fall 2011 Print Edition: IAR will publish this edition of the Journal in hardcopy and on its website: http://www.iar-gwu.org
IAR Journal accepts the following types of submissions:
1) Policy-oriented Research Articles (3,500 to 5,000 words),
2) Analytical Commentary (3,000 words or less), and
3) Book Reviews (800 words or less).
When sending your submission, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Cover letter: Submissions must include a cover letter indicating the author's full name, institutional affiliation, contact information, and a 100-word biography.
- Abstract: A 150-word abstract must accompany all submissions.
- Citations: Submissions must be properly documented according to Chicago Manual of Style guidelines. References must be in comp All lete endnote form.
- Deadline: Submissions for the upcoming issue must be submitted electronically as Microsoft Word documents to email@example.com no later than October 17, 2011. Authors will be notified of the status of their submissions by late October 2011.
submitted articles are peer-reviewed by the entire IAR editing staff. Articles are selected based on several criteria, namely the strength of the argument, logic, style, originality, and timeliness. IAR will inform authors in a timely manner if their article is selected. If an article is selected, upon acceptance of the offer of publication, the author thereby agrees to participate in IAR’s editing process. ForFurther Information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.