International Student Conferences (ISC) is currently seeking an entrepreneurial Program Manager to organize, promote, and manage its three flagship programs: the Japan-America Student Conference (JASC), Korea-America Student Conference (KASC) and US-Japan-Korea Trilateral Forum.
The Program Manager is responsible for managing these programs under the general guidance and supervision of the Executive Director. S/he will provide mentorship, and administrative support to the student leaders and assist the Executive Director on long-term strategic goals.
An ideal candidate for this position will be interested or have experience in: nonprofit management, share ISC’s commitment to building the next generation of U.S.-Asia Pacific leaders and possess demonstrable experience in mentoring and guiding students to achieve their full potential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee student delegate recruitment
- Oversee site planning as planned by student leaders
- Track progress and ensure student leader deadlines are being met
- Participate in international conference calls and meetings with student leaders and partners
- Process expenses and reimbursements, ensuring programs stay within budget
- Provide student mentorship and guidance where necessary
- Work with students to prepare materials for programs
- Support the ED in organizing, planning and implementing ISC's annual Trilateral Forum
- Increase awareness of ISC and its programs to potential delegates and partners
- Research and implement best practices for ISC to use
- Support ED in creating and maintaining partnerships
- Support ED in new initiatives
- Help prepare narrative reports and survey results that describe program activities, accomplishments and feedback
- Provide information, photos and videos that display program's impact
- Provide timely reports on updates and communication with student leaders
- Alumni relations
- Grant Writing
- Social media/website maintenance.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in an office setting with event planning and project management responsibilities;
- Proven ability to effectively work with and mentor university-level students from diverse backgrounds;
- Enthusiastic, pro-active team player with positive and flexible attitude, ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication skills and familiarity working with remote team members in different time zones
- Superior organizational and time management skills with an ability to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Willingness to be entrepreneurial and think creatively to help others identify innovative solutions;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Japanese or Korean language skills strongly preferred;
- Valid passport and availability to travel to Northeast Asia as well as throughout the U.S.;
- Position is based in DC metro area, but requires travel in U.S. and Asia
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States