Summer Internships at Stimson's South Asia/Nuclear Program
Stimson seeks interns for a professional and educational experience in discovering the way in which non-profit organizations can contribute to the understanding of issues in international peace and security. Stimson offers unique internship opportunities based on the values of education, participation, and hands-on practical knowledge.
Based on the Center's commitment to professional development, expectations for interns are high. In return, interns can expect a challenging environment which will prepare them for full time employment in a professional setting.
Internships are volunteer experience only. All internships are unpaid (transportation may be reimbursable.)
Applications Reviewed: FEBRUARY 12, 2016
Internships at Stimson focus on the areas of research, professional development, and project administration. Internships may include:
- Proofreading, editing, and distributing Stimson publications
- Writing brief summaries of activities in the news
- Helping to maintain the Stimson website
- Tracking specific issue areas in the media
- Taking notes in meetings, both on and off-site
- Project coordination
- Working as a team with members of the Stimson staff and other interns
- Administrative activities which will contribute to a fuller understanding of how non-profit organizations operate
For more information, including FAQs, please visit the following links: http://www.stimson.org/about/employment/internships/