Friday, August 17, 2012
Internship Opportunity at the Diplomat
Position: Editorial Assistant (Internship, Unpaid)
Coordinator: Harry J. Kazianis, Editor-in-Chief
An Internship opportunity to work with a world-class International news organization.
About the position:
The Diplomat is looking for Editorial Assistants to perform a number of roles in support of the publication.
The position will entail working with one of our Boston, MA or Washington, D.C. based Assistant Editors fact checking, editing, and assisting authors in the creation and analysis of articles. The incumbents will also be expected to commission articles from prospective authors and assist in boosting the magazine’s social media presence.
The ideal candidate (s) will have:
- Superior command of the English language.
- Strong knowledge of and a passion for the Asia-Pacific Region, International Relations and/or Political Science.
- Students concentrating in government/international relations, international business/economics, and journalism are especially encouraged to apply.
- Since our main offices are located in Tokyo, Japan, you must be able to work remotely a solid computer, internet access and MS Office suite capability. This is an ideal internship for someone who is thinking about a career in international relations, government, journalism, or political science.
- At least a three month commitment.
- The position is based on a 15 hour a week schedule.
- Hours you can work are between are between Mon.-Fri., 9AM-6PM EST.
Who Can Apply:
Any student interested in learning more about journalism, international relations, geopolitics, and world affairs. We also can work with you if you need college credits.
Applying for the position:
Interested candidates should send a CV and Cover letter to Harry Kazianis (Harry@the-diplomat.com) with internship in the subject line.